I've wished on my fair share of dandelions, but have come to find that luck and I just don't get along. The odds are always against me and that has always made my life quite interesting to say the least. My friends know me as a storyteller and look to me for entertaining stories of my day-to-day to experiences. I hope you enjoy learning about the "KP Curse"...

Sunday, January 16, 2011

The click of my heels makes me sound authoritative

Charles and I were running some errands this afternoon and as we walked through Macy's, he said something quite funny to me... "I love the sound of your heels... It makes you sound authoritative." The comment definitely made me shut my mouth for a second and listen... It is a cool sound.. Definitely sounded like I was a woman on a mission (which I usually am)..

People make comments about the fact that I wear heels all the time.. Mind you.. I typically don't wear kitten heels.. They range anywhere from 2 and a half inches to 4 inches and I LOVE them! First of all.. I have a very high arch, which does not pair well with flats.. and not to mention.. Flats almost always make my already large feet appear even larger (I will need to write another post about shoe sizes some other time)...

These comments come from co-workers, strangers, you name it... I find it odd that people find the need to comment on my choice of shoes... It's one thing to tell me you like my shoes, but I really don't care about what anyone thinks of my choice of heel height.. you know? I don't comment on the length of people's finger nails, the length of their pants, or the height of the neck on their shirt.... But whatever. Don't get me wrong.. often the comments are positive.. Many people are "proud" of me for not being afraid to wear heels, but often the short people, especially short men, seem to find it appalling (I like to say that they are just intimidated).

Now I need to touch on the issue of pants... I have a 37 inch inseam and I do NOT wear high water pants EVER... and it KILLS me to see women, who are by no means tall or long legged, wearing pants that are too short. If I can find pants that are long enough (and it is by no means easy), then so can you. And then there are those who tell me that they can totally relate to my inability to find pants that fit in a normal store because all the pants are too long.. Seriously?!? I have one word for you... Alterations... Come on now.. it's like the easiest thing in the world to get a pair of pants hemmed, but it is not easy to add extra length!! Ridiculous. Thank goodness for GAP and Banana Republic for selling extra long pants online... It's sad that my clothes aren't in-store worthy, but beggars can't be choosers... And it would make my life far too easy...

Now... one more issue related to my height (for those of you who don't know me... an important piece of information for this entire post is that I am 6 feet tall)... Why do people find it necessary to not only comment on my height, but to try to guess it as well? I most certainly don't walk up to people and say.."oh my goodness, you are SO short.. what are you, like 4 feet tall?!?" First of all, that is just plain rude. So why do people find it appropriate to comment on my height and then proceed to guess my height. Seriously?!? It's one thing if someone says, "Wow, you are so tall and ," but no guessing or just simply stating the obvious. Please and thank you.

Anyways... That was just a bit of my rambling. Bottom line.. I love my heels and I feel good when I wear them. I came to terms with towering over the rest of the world many moons ago and am hardly aware of it anymore. Oh.. one last thing.. I don't play basketball and my lack of coordination should make that a good thing. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment